Friday, July 31, 2009

Hamster toys?

anyone have any good hamster toys their hamster enjoys? my hamster doesnt really like his run around ball and i was wondering if anyone had tried the play pens or the critter trails? i like letting him run around on my bed but its almost impossible to keep track of him hes so fast! and he wont hesitate to jump right off my bed..any ideas? thanks!
Answers:
My hamster really likes this ice cream shaped chew. It comes in three flavors: Chocolate, vanilla, and banana(or strawberry, not sure). She will strut around with one in her mouth when I give it to her. She always brings it to her nest.
I've also had luck with the grassy-reedy type round nest ball thing. I don't know the name of it, sorry. For some reason she finds it fascinating to walk in and out of it.
And you can never go wrong with a running wheel!
go to petsmart and get the little ball thing that lets them run around in. u can easyly keep track of him or her that way.
HAMSTER BALL!!!!
they love wheels and chew blocks. You said hes fast, so hed love the wheel. My hamster is walking around on my keyboard right now. critter trails is fine.
If you go to www.petco.com, they have a hamster fence that lets you connect the fence together. I have it for my two dwarf hasmters. They love it! It's really fun for them! PLUS! You can add it to your hamster's cage if ya want! Check it out! Good Luck! I hope that this helps! GOOD LUCK!
You must have a wheel in any hamster's cage. Hamsters in the wild would run for literally miles at night, searching for food. They have an innate need to run, and run alot, and will spend a couple of hours a night in their wheel running.
I too had much success with those grassy-reedy type nest balls. All of my hamsters loved them. Make sure you get one that is the appropriate size for your hamster.

No comments:

Post a Comment