Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hamster Problems... AGAIN!?

My hamster is being very hyper since I fed her a pretzle goldfish. Shes doing really weird things i've never seen her do before. She has been trying to chew though the glass of her cage, hanging off her wheel and trying to sleep, digging tunnels all over her cage, and shaking really really hard that she has never been doing. Should I take her to the vet?? I keep haveing dreams of her dying, and I would pay $100 dollars for her not to. That's how much I love her. I'm really worried about her. She's a very good hamster and don't bite!
Answers:
Whatever you fed her might of been really high in sugar or salt. Never feed hamsters human junk food. stick to nuts, seeds, cereal, and fresh fruit and veg.
My husband used to treat our hamsters to some nuts from his home country Albania, and our hamster would go mental after eating them. he would flip out going crazy racing round everywhere for hours (this is totally out of character. he is very lazy!) In the end we decided not to feed him this anymore. He was like a child with to many E numbers in them!
I would suggest keeping an eye on her for the next 24 hours and see if she calms down. Remember, she has reacted this way because the food you fed her was bad for her, so learn from this. Only hamster food, and fresh veg and fruit should be fed to her for now on!
If she is still crazy tomorrow then take her to the vet. But I have a feeling she will be ok x
Well this does not really help but...when you have dreams about the hamster it is making her live longer. I would not get worried about her dieing.
I would recommend taking her to the vet. Through experience I have discovered that salt caused seizures in my rat. Being as small as she is it could be very harmful.
Something like that happened to my hamster. We fed him a salty chip, and he got hyper too. Since those are salty, the same thing that happened to your hamster probably happened to mine. Don't worry though, he stapped getting so jumpy after a few days. If he doesn't stop, I would take her to a vet.
My hamster does all of these apart from shaking! Just make sure u don't feed him one of them again! He should be fine, I feed my hamsters all sorts. They like cornflakes and bread dipped in milk x
You should not worry at all. You see the food that you fed to your hamster is okey. Goldfish is a concetrated food for the hamster. Which means it had too much sugar or salt in it. It should be back to normal in a few days. Basicly what hamster is trying to do is to use that energy she gained. She is acting weird because hamsters don't get this much energy. So your little girl is just a happy active sweet cuddly hamster all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment