Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hamster Question?

I have a question about my chinese dwarf hamster. He doesn't seem to like the wooden block or wooden stick I bought for him. I heard give him dog biscuits, but i'm not sure.
Answers:
my hamster doesnt like wooden toys either, but yes, dog biscuits are completely safe, they taste good (to dogs and hamsters) and can shorten their teeth
Just keep it in there it took a little bit for my hamster to start using them too! You can also give your hamster a toilet paper roll with no toilet paper and not much of the glue showing! If it has been in the cage for 2 weeks then take it out and give your hamster plain dog biscuits! My hamster didn't start chewing anything for a while (besides his food) but now he chews everything he can! If your hamsters are young give them time and they will start to chew them!
Every hamster is different I have two hamsters and one loves to chew on wood the other dosnt...dog biscuits are fine to give to a hamster
Good luck
Dog biscuits are perfectly fine. They love them. You can also give them a little bit of pieces of cat or dog food. Buy those little bone shaped treats. They love 'em.
You can give him dog biscuits. Make sure to use a high quality brand, mine always liked MilkBone. If you have a dog, just break the end knobs off the biscuit and throw a little hunk in the cage once a week, every time you clean it. If you don't have a dog, buy a small box of MilkBone biscuits for small dogs, and break them into smaller hunks.
I have never heard of giving a hamster dog or cat kibble. I would consult a veterinarian before doing that. Also, the toilet paper tube makes a great toy for a hamster, but it is not hard enough to help keep the hamster's teeth healthy. I have never met a dwarf hamster (Russian, Chinese, or Robo) that likes wood for chewing.
dog biscuits are good
yup dog biscuts r great because they help there teeth alot just like a block would.i have a robbo and when we got her the person told us that she would chew on them but she enver does.i always take dog biscuits and use them.now my new hamster is a biggy and she is just a babie tooo.she loves to chew on stuff and so loves to chew on wood alot!!i think any type of dwarf hammy dont like to chew on wood like other hammy's

hope this helps!
I have the same problem! My hamster HATES the stupid little wooden blocks! I bought him a few treats to keep his teeth down, I got him "Krunch-A-Rounds" and this box that has treats inside of it so he has to chew through the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment