Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hamster Question. Am really freaked out. No joke answers please.?

Well before my little brother was holding his hampster while i tried to take a picture, and i'm not sure if he applied too much pressure or what, but the hamster's eye seemed to have came out of the socked and then went back in. I was really freaked out and worried by this. The hamster seems okay now. But i can't stop thinking about what happened, has this ever happened to any other hamster owners before?
=/
Answers:
There is NOTHING wrong with your hamster ... It's pretty 'scary' when it happens, but when a hamster gets 'squeezed' too tightly it's eyes 'bulge out' ... and that happens to them FREQUENTLY in the wild, so they don't have a 'bad reaction or injury' from it ...but I'm betting that your little brother 'dropped' the hamster or 'loosened' up when the eyes 'bugged out' and that is WHY that happens.
It happened to my friend's hamster... don't worry too much. Hamsters are really really flexible and their bodies do much different things than ours do. I wouldn't say do it again, but I would say not to dwell on it. It was a mistake, but your hamster will be fine :)
If the hampster is ok now..relax!
oh you poor thing. All you're going to have now are nightmares from this. You'll keep seeing it for years when you close your eyes.. But, thank God, God made those little buggers eyes bug out when squeezed too much, as a warning. He knew that little kids were one day, in the 1900's and 2000's, kids were going to have these cute little buggers as pets, and God had to think of a way to make sure they didn't get squeezed to hard by little brothers. So, He thought, "Oh gosh, a good way would be for me to get those eyes to work in a way where they'll bug out of their head, yet be perfectly fine!" So God made hamsters' eyes to bug out and saw that it was good. Now, who said that God doesn't have a good sense of humor. You have nothing to worry about, at all.. and you can giggle at your little brother, knowing that you now know what happened, and little brother cannot deny it in any way. And, you don't have to feel ill over it. Now you can giggle and giggle all you want, but don't tell your brother why!.. hee, hee.. Enjoy that little eye popper of a hamster.. and watch that little brother of yours. But, then, he may never hold it again too.. lol. You know how I found out? I was a little girl and my cat got my hamster, but played with it. It didn't try to eat it. Well, the cat put it's paws on top of the hamster, and all I saw were those eyes popping in and out and I got sick, right there, on the floor. My cat jumped and ran, the hamster looked like it was giggling, and I hurried and put it away, thinking it was now going to die. I ran to the library, did a little research, and found out that all was okay. From that time on, I loved libraries and books. You kids are just so cute. You keep us happy..
yes just don't hold em too tight again.
Politely ask your brother not to squeeze the life out of your hampster again.
hey, it's just like if my eye popped out (again)
it's back in, so no worries man! i'm okay, the hamsters ok, so chill, but it is creepy.
It happened to my hamster too, the hamster got too much pressure and the eye came out of the sock and back in. But my hamster is alright. It happens when you squeeze them.
this happens to all rodents.. it just means that the pressure was a little bad for a moment.. she'll be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment