Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hamster question?

we are going to buy a teddy bear hamster which is easier to take care of boy hamster or girl hamster.
Answers:
I've had boys, and I've had girls. I think the boys are generally nicer. As for being easier, there really is no difference. If you get a hamster from the pet store and it's a girl, it could be pregnant... I found that out the hard way, as did my cousin. In my experience, I would only ever suggest getting a male.
I've also never been bitten by my male hamsters, while I have been bitten many many many times by females.
female, males tend to grow a bit more. wild. and have more percentages of biting you.
i dont think they would be either so hard if u get them fixed first.
i will prefer gal cos i used to have both sex hamster. But if you can take care of them well they will not bit. so far i have not being bit by them.
It really really depends on the hamster. Sterotypically, boys are calmer. I had a Syrian (Or teddy bear.) boy who was the sweetest thing in the world. I also now have a girl who is pretty sweet too. Hold your future hamster at the store before you by him/her. Does he/she bite? Don't buy a biting hamster. If the store won't let you, go somewhere else! Breeders are good sources for hamsters, but all of mine were bought at Petco. It doesn't matter as long as you and your hamster get along.
i usually go for female hamsters because they've been less teritorial in my expirence, and less likely to bite me. but really, if you raise them well, it doesn't make a big difference either way.
boy hamsters are much more friendly and easy to take care of.
Boy.
They're so much friendlier than a female.
[my opinion]
dosn't matter
I think girls are easier than boys because the boys sex hormones will kick in and he will hump you when you hold him. Girls wilol just go into heat.
Females.

No comments:

Post a Comment