Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hamster question 8?

some one please tell me some facts about hamsters are they good pets to have and are they good with children i used to have 2 synine hamsters but then my friend poisend them and they died i hate my firend know and they were 2 synine hamsters both female but they wernt from the same clain and i kept them in the same cage and is it possible to get them again
Answers:
Thats mean that is one horrible friend and yes you can go to petco and theres a cage full of males and females or if you dont want to go that far try a local pet shop they might have hamsters
I am so sorry that your hamster was poisoned.
Hamsters are really friendly. And yes they are good with children. I love them. I used to have one but it died =[
umm i had a male winter white hamster and he was kinda mean an i couldnt hold him without him biting me but my friend has a teddy bear hamster and he is really nice and good with kids
feed hamsters people food. i feel mine people food and they've lived for at least 6 years , when the average is 2-3. i think it goes for all animals. i have a friend that feeds his dog people food, and the dog is 18 and really active.
Sorry about your hamster. My dog ate ours many years ago.
They are very cute pets, but they have a somewhat short natural life span - even without the poison and dogs. Don't expect much more than a couple years.
They are wonderful pets and it depends how old the children are if they are 9 or younger i wouldn't get them one. If you do makesure you watch them carefully and they are always on the ground when holding him/her. You should never put to Syrian hamsters together or they will fight to the death so i wouldn't put them in one cage! If your cage was very very very big then that is probably why they didn't fight. another thing is they might have been from the same litter.
GOOD LUCK!
Yes it is possible to get 2 female syrians againg.Try calling local pet shops,and rescue places.I got my female syrian at World Wide Pets in FortSmth,Arkansas.I hope u find some more hamsters!
It really depends on the hamster I suggest that while at the pet store ask to hold the hamster before you buy it. If its kind and doesn't struggle against you then he will probably get along with children as long as the dont mistreat him. Two male hamsters ussually never gat along with other male hamsters. Two female hamsters are more likley to get along with each other.
Good luck hope this helps : )
Hamsteres are very good with kids and I think you should get them again.
Generally Syrian hamsters are solitary animals. They like to live by themselves. I would put one in a cage by its self. Unless you get two dwarf hamsters, they can live together if they are from the same litter.
I have two teddy bear hamsters, one male one female, from different litters. They love each other and sleep together, but the female hasn't been pregnant yet. I guess I'm lucky. :]
-never feed them people food.
-put them in 10 gallon aquariums not wire cages.
-Handle them as much as possible.
-Don't put two of the same sex together.
-don't use pine bedding
go to petsmart buy one syrian hamster they sell females only get a nice new cage, the Dazzle is on sale this week, I got one and she loves it, esp the wheel, its better to have just one they are solitary animals, and get an exercise ball for outside the cage fun. sorry about that sick ex friend of yours keep them ex friend. noone like that needs to be around animals period.

No comments:

Post a Comment