Friday, July 31, 2009

Hamster suddenly freezing in motion??

my hammy just like completely froze? i put her in my hands and kept her warm and put her water bottle in her mouth and a few mins l8er was complete back 2 normal...wat happened?
Answers:
If its a female hamster then she may of been in heat which is where a female hamster is repetitive to a male hamster when they want to mate. If her tail was up in the air and she stood still then she was definitely in heat. My 2 female hamsters are like that when they go in to heat. I use to pick them up and then they would just freeze in my hand with there tail up in the air and then after they would go back to normal. But if its a male hamster then it could have a problem and you should see the vet as soon possible,because if it keeps on then there could be something wrong with it. Only applys to the male hamster.
Hope it helps
Hamster can be very heavy sleepers and could have just been asleep.
sometimes thats a response to a threat. Its like they think , here I am completely still, so you cant see me , I am just a lump, dont eat me .
probably fell asleep. its fine!
they think that u can not see them.did something frighten ur hammy like a noise or something?if so then that is why but my hammies do that to so it's normal no worries=).

hope i helped!
I had a hamster that would do that. It seemed to be something that she did when she was scarred. For instance, she did it a lot when someone new tried to pick her up. She was always fine within a few minutes.
My hamster does that too, they just get frightened by a sudden movement around you.
they do that when startled.

No comments:

Post a Comment