Monday, May 24, 2010

HELP HELP HELP (q. 4 guinea pigs)?

i really want to show my piggies but i need to know some websites and agencies for showing piggies=] pleaseeee help!
Answers:
I hope you don't mind, but i'm going to paste from a message I answered yesterday. Just an FYI, guinea pig showing can be brutal. The judges usually handle the guinea pig roughly, and they can easily become sick if another pig at the show has a virus. Plus, guinea pig shows support breeding guinea pigs. Right now, guinea pigs are so over populated, and breeders and everyone else who are looking to bring a guinea pig into their home should go to an animal shelter first.
I really hope you realize what your getting into...showing animals is a tough, cut throat business and competition. It goes beyond the pig just being "cute."
I'd recommend checking out The American Cavy Breeders Association's website, or Google search Cavy Associations in your area or beyond.
idk, but try googleing it!
I show piggies...
acba is the best site.

No comments:

Post a Comment