Saturday, May 22, 2010

Health questions about my hamster?

As some of you know i am going on holiday for a week going on Saturday and i just wanted to check my hamster was in good health condition.
Over the past two weeks or so my hamster has been very slow, her legs do not Move propelry when she first wakes up, her fur is starting to go thinner (even though no fur is actually visible in the bedding ..)
at the moment my hamster just likes to sit in her wheel and do nothing. she is like that r now.
over the past 2 days she's started nibbling something in her mouth (i can hear her nibbling)_even though there is nothing in her mouth.
she hasn't been gnawing on anything for weeks,,,i thought bout buying her wooden blocks but worried she would get sores (like myprevious hamsster did,) i put toilet roll tubes in my her hamsters cage but she acturleit ate the cardboard, she doesnt gnaw on the bars of her cage like she used to when she was younger, but she is very strong at climbing and climbs everywhere and is currently tryin t get me to cuddle.
Answers:
bring her to a vet immmedialy also shes gettn olda old hamsters are lazier,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... and they get less social. my hamster sleeps in its whells cuz it runs than falls alseep than i gotsta put it to sleep lolz well hope shes okay
It is very hard to answer I would call the vet's office just to make sure she does NOT have wet tail. Does her cage smell stronger than normal? please answer this question this will help me alot.
Even if she doesn't have diariahshe could still have wet tail and be constipated. The only other thing is she is probably getting old. The reason she is "chewing nothing" in her mouth is that she is chomping her teeth together to gnaw them down. Also, if you are worried about her coat, it is probably going with age, but it might help to brush her coat with a baby brush or old toothbrush every day. I hope she will be ok. It is hard to let hamsters go :(

No comments:

Post a Comment