Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hard or Fresh Bread for Hamsters?

I just got a new hamster, and I know you can give them bread, yet I do not know to give my hamster fresh or hard bread. I used to give my guinea pigs hard bread to help wear down their teeth, but I don't know if you can do the same for hamsters...I don't really know what to feed them (besides a hamster food with different types of stuff in it). So, any suggestions as to what I should and shouldn't feed her, would be great!
Answers:
Hard. Hamsters are like Guinea Pigs in the sense of their ever growing teeth. Then again, each hamster is different. I had one who loved every fruit and vegetable under the sun, and another who only likes pumpkin seeds, apples, and carrot. Hard will wear down their teeth, but she might like fresh. If so, give her what she likes. Just provide toys to chew on. Wooden ladders are great, as are many other things.
Either is okay. I used to feed my little dwarf hamster both. Hard will keep their teeth problem slightly under control, though.
Hard, but a little of fresh.
i give them fresh since the bread will turn hard anyway in a matter of hours

No comments:

Post a Comment