Saturday, May 22, 2010

Has anyone tried out a Hamster Harness before?

I saw a Hamster Harness in the pet store the other day. Do these things actually work? I was wondering if the hamster would be able to twist itself out of the Harness.
Any comments on this would be great.
Answers:
Many people use them, and if properly attached, are ok. Honestly, any 1 of my hamsters would've either chewed it off quickly, or twisted out because it wuld've have liked it. I don't think they're that good an idea. If you want to walk it, get dog in my opinion..
Hamsters have sharp little teeth, so most would just bite through I think.
yes they are evil and cruel and hurt your pet don't use them
I have one and have used it. I didnt really like it bit the hamster cant escape if you manage to get it on right. Personally i have brought up my hamsters well so i just take them out of their cage and stick them on the floor. None of them have run off so far :P
Aslong as you keep an eye on them i think this is the best option
I've used them before, they can work for the most part but I would only use it along with other things. For example I put my different rodents in a harness with a leash when we visit the vet, but I also put them in an animal carry bag. This way I've got both on them.
My guinea pigs can easily get out of a harness if they're left alone for more then a minute or two, so just imagine what a hamster could do.
Mostly Rabbits are one of the only rodents who can actually wear one of those seftly enough to be set down on the ground outside to walk around.
That's cruel and dangerous, because hamsters have too tiny bones for it.
this is a very stupid idea for such a small rodent, it's just to make money

No comments:

Post a Comment