Saturday, May 22, 2010

Has any one had any experience of rat harness's ?

were they easy to put on and more importantly did they bother the rat?
Answers:
I have tried harnesses on my rats before. The rats didn't like them much, putting them on was a chore, and as long as the rats are tame the harnesses aren't necessary in the house.
As for taking the rats outside, I would be worried that they would escape the harness. Another idea is to place a small cage right on the grass (as long as the grass doesn't have any toxins on it) and letting them run around on the grass for a little while. Be careful when taking your rats outside. I have heard horror stories more then once where birds of prey will swoop down and carry them off.
lmao.my god no.hope I never will.why exactly would you want to do that?
I tried one once, my rats hated it though. I think if I had put it on them as babies it may have been different.
it's a rat-let it be a rat!!
urm no walking a rat i wouldnt consider high of my list of to do's . Although my cat would be delighted at me for holding the thing still
I've used one on one of my boys, He doesn't like to be put in it and it's alot of squirming but once it's on it doesn't bother him.
i want to try on of those but i can never seem to find the right size for mine. it seems good if you just want them to roam outside or sumthing. good luck with your rats.
No, but it seemed to bother the restaurant manager when I took it into his dining room
even my chunkiest buck has manaed to escape from any harness i have tried [ and there have been many] plus they can bite through them in a trice if they really want
all my bucks hood or shoulder ride, with no harnesses, without that level of trust i would never take them out anyway
I just recently bought one for my rat and have given up trying to get it on.After struggling for ages to get it fitted and fasten the clips it would then pull its arms out from the arm holes. I think all rats are different and you just have to give it a go.
we have had loads of rats and most would not tolerate a harness but we had one that loved it and my daughter used to take it for walks all over the place.
she took out the harness and rattled it and the rat would come running.
you would just have to try it and see.
I bought one but my boys really did not like it so I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment