Saturday, May 22, 2010

Have you ever had a rat take up residence in your engine compartment?

I have a rat that is living in my engine compartment. How do I know it is a rat? 1. the rat turds. 2. I saw it poke its head up three times in one hour! How do I get it out once and for all? I put glue traps with a small piece of snickers bar, but so far, nothing yet! Advice is appreciated.
Answers:
I'm not sure what an engine compartment is, but when my sister lived in New York, her apartment building had a lot of rats. She used peanut butter and small pieces of pastrami on wooden traps and the little glue houses. It worked for her. Good luck.
I had the same problem. Leave a little salt water and the blue rat poison out for it to eat. You can also get a rat trap and put peanut butter in it.
Eventually the rat will come out to eat and drink. And you need him out, because he will chew on everything...
I had a rat building a nest (unbeknown to me) in my air filter and it caused me car troubles! I only found it when my car wasn't starting! Get in there and clean everything out! Let her know she must nest elsewhere - it worked for me!
I suggest a live trap with more interesting articles inside -- maybe newspaper and treats. The rat may decide that the trap is actually a better place to nest.
Please do not use fatal traps. They're cruel and unnecessary. Rats are extremely intelligent and certainly feel pain just as you and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment