Saturday, May 22, 2010

Have you every taught your guinea pig something that comes in useful?

Im looking for some hints sticks or tips that you liked to do with your guineapig
Thanks :D
Answers:
my guinea pig sh*ts in a bowl.

well i think its quite an accomplishment....
well, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I taught my guinea pig to climb out of her cage using her door as a ramp (covered in a towel so her paws wouldn't catch), so then she could run around and play. I wouldn't recommend anything like that if your pet is very old, though.
Guinea pigs can be very intelligent animals although it might be near impossible to teach them tricks. It would almost be like trying to teach a cat a trick. I have a guinea pig named shadow and I luv him to death but I don't think he could learn a trick although I did used to have a guinea pig that came on command if I held out a treat. I never did figure out if she really came on command or it she just wanted the treat!! Go to google.com and type in guinea pig tricks or something of that nature and a list of websites will come up that could teach you how to do something with your guinea pig!
My skinny pigs crawls into her travel carrier when we change her cages bedding.It took us a long time using green beans to get her to do it. But now she does it w/o treats. That's as close to a trick as she can do.
I potty-trained her. All we did was let her out a lot and she wouldn't pee until she got into her cage!
Well my guinea pig knows how to go up the stairs so if I have something in my hands he'll hop up the stairs. I never taught him how to do it, he just did it. Try putting you're piggie on the stairs and see what she does make sure to stay behind her incase. You could try putting her front feet on the other step and see if she gets the idea and hops up it.
my guinea follows me around in the yard like a dog and comes to me when i whistle
you could set a maze up with treats they are intelligent little critters. very sweet as well

No comments:

Post a Comment