Friday, May 8, 2009

Hamster honey cold remedy?

my hamster has a little goopy eye and he was in pine bedding for a little, ive been giving him vitamins and hes been out of the pine for about a week. I just gave him that honey/water/milk mix through a seringe (just a little) suprisginly he loved it. i was wondering if that was a good idea? and if all that will help him get better=) thanks.
Answers:
www.hamsterhideout.com and www.hamstercare.co.uk are both good sites and will have more info than I can give, as well as an email where you can get more specific answers. Good luck, and I hope Hammy gets better soon!
I tried it, but no matter how much honey I smeared on those hamsters, I still couldn't swallow 'em.
Put it down. Let him face the judgement of his almighty lord.
I'm sure it won't hurt him, but it's best not to give a hamster honey or milk. As a treat, try some whole grain pasta, bread, fruit, sun flower seeds, some fresh veggies. Vanilla soy yogurt is a favorite among my rats and mice- I'm sure a hamster would like it too.
For his eye, try gently washing it with a cloth and warm water. Do this a few times a day. If the eye doesn't get better or starts to get worse, contact a vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment