Friday, May 8, 2009

Hamster help?

I have 9 baby hamsters (3 died unfortunately) and I want to pick them up. They are two weeks old exactly and I've already picked the Mum up, she was fine with it. They can all see and are all very strong, can I pick them up now?
Answers:
Don't listen to camcam. Yes you can pick them up if the mother lets you. Wait a week or two so they aren't so fragile anymore. I just had baby rats and their eyes are starting to open. It's really fun playing with them and they're so soft!
you hould have picked them up when there eyes were closed so they can feel the textures of your hand and when they open there eyes carry them again and they will remember your hand so they will like you. Sure go ahead and pick them up. But never pick them up in there first week because the mom will eat the babies thinking you are threathin them.
Yes. In fact, the more you handle them, the tamer they'll be.
if you pick them up then their scent will change and when you put them back the mom will EAT THEM!
I would start by putting your hand near them and see how the mom reacts. I've heard that if you pick up a baby hamster too early the mom will ignore them. So i'd be very catious and maybe even consult your vet before hand.
if you toach them to early the mom will eat them cause they have human sent on them so i suggest waiting another week to just be sure nothing happens to them cause that would be awful...
you can pick them up but "i wouldnt cause i wouldnt want them to die too"
rub their bedding on your hands first, but I would wait first.

No comments:

Post a Comment