Friday, May 8, 2009

Hamster Help?

For the bedding do u buy new ones or somehow wash it. If wash it then how?
Answers:
Discard and replace the bedding once a week. Try to keep a little of the bedding from the area that the hamster has designated as its "bed." The familiar smell will comfort it when faced with a newly-cleaned, scent-free cage.
You can't and shouldn't try to wash the bedding. It will absorb and retain moisture, which can lead to dangerous mold growths.
I don't recommend decorative colored bedding, unless you want a matching decorative colored hamster.
I use Care Fresh for my hamster, it's a little pricey but it is the best for him. When I change his cage every week I throw out the Care Fresh and use new Care Fresh.
u buy new one, duh. how are u gunna was poo and pee out of wood. personally i think you should have b-b-q'd hamster for the holidays.
I'd find it rather hard to wash out used bedding. Use fresh bedding, changing it everyweek or so. Note, though, when doing so, be sure not to dump any toys or good food that hamster has hidden within the bedding. They are hoarders, so they may hide their food in a safe place.
You don't use it all at once! Every week you cange it out! You throw the bedding away!
I think you throw it away. Buy the biggest bag of bedding you can, that way you spend less.
you empty it out and replace the old with new, I use super shavin's available at petsmart, i like it the best, and I've tried a few.
NO you dont wash it. you just change it like..throw it out and put new bedding in.

No comments:

Post a Comment