Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hamsters?

r u sposed 2 clip a hamster's nails or giv thm anyfing 2 trim their claws down cz i noticed on my m8's hamster his claws were relle sharp so i asked her bout it n she sed she dun fink u need 2 worry bout their claws bt i jst wanna know cz i myt b gettin a hamster hopefully n i need 2 know. n also i noticed on my other friend's hamster it had these weird things underneath it where th arm joint was(front arm)n i dunno wt they r? they luk like swellings bt i know they're nt so dz anyone know? n if anyone can tell me anyfing els bout hamsters thn it wd b appreci8ed if u cud tell me fankoo!!!!
Answers:
I had a few hamsters, now still have 1. their nails always grew long. it is a good thing to cut it, but it is not easy. if you accidentally cut too much, it will hurt the hamster instead. And it is very hard to hold them still. I never cut their nails, it seems they have their own way to natually learn how to take care of things. I think they bite nails all the time. you might see them grooming and scratching, and they lick their little hands. So, if the hamster is active, eat, sleep, run normally, I think it is ok.
i never trimmed my hamsters nails and it was fine...until it died.
Why don't you write in plain English? perhaps more people would understand what you are meaning, and answer you, and for goodness sake use the spell checker
Please go to the vets to get them clipped if you have to. I don't know what the swellings were but I remember my friend cutting its leg when the hamster moved when she was clipping them!
Hamster's nails don't usually need clipping as they wear them down by running about in their wheel / cage/ exercise ball / all over you when you play with them. If they are excessively long you will need to get a vet to clip them as they are so small and if you try to do it at home you will probably cut into the live bit of the nail, the quick, and hurt the hamster, it will also bleed. Hamster nails are normally quite sharp though so don't worry.
If your friend's hamster has strange growths then it needs to see a vet asap.
If you want to learn about hamsters, www.pethamsters.co.uk is a good place to start, as it is written by a breeder and not a big pet shop. Big pet shops don't really know much about the animals they sell.
It's so nice that you care about your friend's hamster and that you want to learn about them. Well done!
Good luck! Hope your friend's hammy is ok.
Edit: Thanks for the kind comments xxchristinaxx, let us know how the hamster gets on. x
Perhaps you could re-write that in English and maybe we could consider helping you.
never cut the hamster nails cuz they will bleed I did that to my hamster and she bled alot so don't cut their nails also their feet is small so it'z hard to cut their nails
I started having hamsters when i was 2. I had like 30. Now i have 3. You should not cut their nails. I mean NEVER cut their nails. And when you see their teeth are really long, then let it bite more wood or it's metal cage.
You need to cut them because they will overgrown and curl and then it will go into their skin and cause infections
Use a clipper theyre normally from pet stores

No comments:

Post a Comment