Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hamster(s) from petco?

Are hamsters from petco healthy? Has anyone ever gotten a prego hamster from there? Do they live in good conditions? Are they friendly to humans? Or Should we go to a local shop for more hamsters? My mom wants to go to petco cause its way closer to were we live but I am more worried about how they live there my friend told my they don't live to good there, so if my mom says we can go to the local shop should we or should we go to petco?
Answers:
I have 2 hamsters one at petco and the other at a small pet store by my house. The one at petco is so friendly and sweet. But my one at the small pet store was abused and took me a loooooong time to get its trust from it.
All animals from Petco are bad in my opinion. I got a hamster and he died in two days. I got two mice from Petco and they each died within a week. I got a sick male guinea pig from Petco that was sold as a healthy female. Yiu should go to a local pet store.
before i knew i should adopt i had tons of hamsters from there over the years. one 'wasnt a girl' so you probably know how that turned out. they are very grumpy. use petfinder.com to see if a shelter near you has hammies. sometimes if its a little far, like an hour and a half away, they can get it to someone really close to you and they will hold it until you come to pick it up.
i got a brown hamster there and he was a real sweety.
he lived almost 4 years.
some are good at petco and some are ill
it depends which on you pick.
I've never gotten any pets from Petco, but I've gotten mice from Petsmart. They very jumpy and hard to handle (but mice are obviously not hamsters) and they both died very quickly after I got them. I've also heard good stories though, so I guess it depends on the individual store. If you do go to Petco look in the cage, make sure they look healthy, because if one looks sick chances are other ones are/could get sick too. Ask if you can handle them and try to pick a friendly one. If they seem sickly or anything I would recommend going to the other store or looking at a shelter.
no they are sick go to petsmart!
I got my hamsters at petsmart, never had a problem, never got a preggo since they only sell females. they are the same hamsters you buy at an independent pet store. Breeders are hard to come by , and someone is supplying the pet stores. They are usually about 2 months old when you buy them there, unless you get one that was the last to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment