Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hamsters and Pam?

I have a friend and she likes to put Pam on her hamster wheel to stop it from squeaking. I don't know that much about the cooking oil but I do know that some subtances that are okay for us are poisonous to hamsters. Her hamster is addicted to the cooking spray and I'm worried about him. He always licks it off when she puts on she thinks nothing of saying: "Oh, hamsters won't get poisoned from cooking oil, you're a worry wart" I just want to know if I am worrying unnessecarily.
Answers:
tell her to use either vaseline, or vegetable oil on the hub part only, the part that holds it together inside. They all lick the oil, but I am not sure what is in pam.
I've been using cooking spray (not Pam but something similar) for our mouse wheel for well over a year without any problems. I've never seen the mice lick it though.
You should use vegetable oil. It really works well. One time my hamsters' wheel was squeaking so bad and we put vegetable oil on it and I heard not a single sound from the wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment