Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hamster! HELP!?

my mom wont let me get a hamster because she thinks it will stink!! Will it?
Answers:
Well, it depends on how efficiant you are. ALL animals will smell if you dont take care of them properly.
To make it not smell, you should change the cage once a week, MINIMUM. If you tell her, and she still wont let you, come up with a crafty way to prove that you wont let it smell.
Make a schedual, buy your own materials, etc. By doing that stuff, you show you are responsible. Good luck, and I hope you get the hamster!
If you clean the cage weekly and get the right bedding, then no your hamster shouldn't stink. I have one and so does my friend and we both love them!
yeh they let off toxic fumes you know
they can if you don't clean it all the time. and believe me you will get sick of cleaning it every day. why don't you go with some kind of reptile ... lizards or something like that.
If you don't clean it at least once a week it will smell yes...
Promise her that you will clean it regularly...
It will only stink if you don't clean the cage.
If you spend about half an hour once or twice a week cleaning it's cage, it won't smell.
no as long as you clean the cage out every week they are very clean animals, don't even require a bath.
alittle bit.. you gotta clean the cage alot tho, like once every 2 weeks or alittle less
i had a hamster before. i was really happy with it.
they are real cute
but yeah they do stink alittle bit but its not really the problem reallly...they are not a big deal...
i had a boy btw, %26 got him a girl like a month after %26 they both made alot of kids lol
highly recommended to get one. you got nothing do worry about.. but yea they do stink alittle bit but don't all rodents? or anything else?
or get a glade air effects or febreze it'll work
Nope.
Females can be cleaned once a week.. males probably every 4 - 5 days, to not smell.
Also if you can train them to a litter pot (for them to urinate in) that can be cleaned every day. Poo isn't such an issue, I've always found the urine is the smelly part.
Good luck.
No if u clean the tank once a week! my mom wouldent let me have a hamster at first also but i finally convinced her. When I brought my hammy home my mom fell in love with it and was so happy she let me buy it! I hope this helps! Good luck with ur soom to be hamster!
No.If you change her/his cage weekly and use clean bedding.
Only if you dont clean its cage once a week... People say guys stink more but I have a guy and he dont stink at all. (In my opinion). Please vote me best answer.
no,the only way they will stink is if you don't change your cage! i had the same problem with my mom and now i have 3 hamsters!(and one of them is hers!:D)males tend to smell a little more but not alot
you can also by a hamster potty,those work wonders! all my hamsters have them and they don't smell AT ALL
it will
do wut im doing keep it downstairs
Well, it depends on how often you are going to clean your hamster's cage. I would recommend that you clean your hamster's cage once a week. You won't need to do any "spot cleaning." Hamster's don't really stink, usually because they clean themselves, vs. a guinea pig and/or a rabbit, where we have to give them a bath ourselves. So, don't worry. Thanks, and good luck,
~ Future Vet

No comments:

Post a Comment