Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hamster with puffy, pink eyelids!?

Does anyone know why the eyelids around a hamster's eye become pink and a lil puffy? I am a bit worried. My baby dwarf hamster is still in great shape: eating and playing. I am not too sure about the drinking part. But yeah, should I take her to the vet or wait a bit? Anyone has this happened to their hamsters before? Answers are much appreciated!
Answers:
I would wait a little bit.
Her/his eyes are swlooen, becasue maybe it had an allergic reaction. Try switching the pet food type, see how it works. If it`s breathing becomes hard, or the sweeling does not go down/gets worse in 48 hours, take it to the nearest animal clinic.
why would u be worried?!?!?!?! pink eyelids would be sooo cute! ; ]
She has an eye infection, which can be fairly common in hamsters, but definatley get het to the vet asap.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! I am soooo worried about my hamster... but it only has a puff on the upper lid... please help!!! :( I'm so worried

    ReplyDelete